Monday, November 17, 2014

weekend trippin

St Geezy 2014


This weekend we (my mom, dad, 6 siblings, boyfriend, and a neighboring family of 3, and their foreign exchanged student from Norway, and me of course) all took a random trip to St George. It was about a 4 hour drive there and back. Can you imagine that long of a car ride in a van full of 14 people?? We all thankfully survived each other. 
We swam, took pictures, hiked, shopped, laughed, and loved SG. 
I absolutely love the desert look and feel, I'm praying I get to visit this gorgeous city a lot more (or move there, you know... whatever works). 

We stopped at the DI (thrift store) and I bumped into a girl named Claire who I went to high school with and who was in my same church class. I know SG isn't huge or anything but it was funny running into her. I think we're both thrift store junkies and desert lovers. 
She recommends St George all the way. I made a mental note about it.

While I was shopping at some outlets I overheard an old lady talking to another old lady:
"What's up with all of these skinny jeans lately?"
"It's this big emo phase Utah's going through. Nevada used to be big with the skinny jeans and now Utah is making it a trend. It's ugly and emo."
I couldn't believe what I was hearing, it was definitely a good laugh though.

Every time I brought Jaxt back up to the house we were staying in he would ask, "Is this my house?" I sighed and said, "Nope. I wish it was bud." I mean surrounded by warm weather, the desert, and having a swimming pool right down the street was the best. Maybe when I move there someday Jaxt will just have to spend a lot of time with me.

Two things I wish I hadn't brought with me:
> A week supply of clothes. It's so hard for me just to pack three outfits for the weekend because I don't know what will happen! I ended up packing way too many clothes.
> My laptop. I thought I'd need it to upload pictures onto but I ended up not taking as many photos as I thought I was going to, so in the end it was just extra weight (plus there was no wifi at our house).

Two things I wish I had brought with me:
> Running shoes. The main reason I didn't bring them was because I was afraid my brother was going to wake me up early to go running. In the long run (pun intended) I wished I had gone running and those shoes would've been fantastic for hiking the narrows in.
> My sketchbook. The landscapes and the architecture of about every building were both so pretty. I totally regret not sketching anything while I was down there. 

As much fun as I had I'm really glad to be back in my own little bed (even if the highs up here are only in the 20's).




















Quiet Town
-Josh Rouse

love, k.

No comments:

Post a Comment