Monday, November 3, 2014

season greetings

Last night, as Mike was dropping me off, we drove into town and bam it was snowing. Snow in the beginning of November? Really?? Once I was inside, Jaxt and Coley were more than thrilled to see it. They love the snow so much.

This morning they woke me up yelling "It snowed! It snowed! Can we go play in it?" I told them yes as long as I could take pictures of them while playing it our season greeting snow. I got dressed, got my camera, and went upstairs. What I saw out the window almost stunned me.

There was no snow.

Slowly I turned to the boys and turned my camera on only to find it dead, and the boys were still convinced there was a lot of snow somewhere out there to play in. We went outside into the cold (not a fan) and looked for snow. We found some on the playhouse slide and immediately the boys started sliding down it. After the snow was gone from the slide and promptly stuck to there jeans they came inside and got everything wet. Oh the joy.

Honestly, I'm not snows biggest fan. It's cold, wet, painful, and takes forever to go away. The only upside to snow is how pretty it is while it's falling and the sight of it once everything is covered and no one has ruined the effect yet is extraordinary. I haven't seen snow since February of this year, so it might be a good change.


"Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather."
-John Ruskin

love, k.

No comments:

Post a Comment