recent (favorite) diy finds
1. Felt loch ness monster
I absolutely love this easy and adorable felt craft/toy. It's so cute and my little brothers would love it. Also some of my cousins would love it for a birthday gift! The site I found it on has easy instructions and adorable pictures. I'm hoping to make it soon and let you all know how well it went and how mine turned out.
Find the how-to here
2. Ombre painted pine cones
These fab pinecones are perfect for autumn decorations or even just everyday of the year decorations. I was looking around my house and don't have these kind of pinecones but I'm officially on the hunt for them. Utah is full of these so I'll be doing this project super soon.
You can find these ombre beauties here
3. Painted acorns
I came across a picture of felt acorns from FreePeople and instantly fell in love. Instead of felt I've decided to paint real acorns. The ones I found in my back yard this morning have a lot of holes all over them, so I'm assuming they have worms. I'm currently drying/cleaning them as I write up this post. I'll definitely post the end result sometime this week.
Learn how to dry/clean here
Here are the materials I'm using:
-acorns
-acrylic paint
-multiple sized pain brushes
-little boys imagination (jaxt and coley are ecstatic)
-hot glue (not all of them have their tops so after painting we're just going to glue the tops on)
-newspaper or art table cloth for clean up management
4. Painted sticks
I've loved the look of these for about ever. They're so simple yet amazing for decor. I found a blog that makes them look gorgeous. I personally think the best kind of wood for this is drift wood but living in Utah... there's no such thing as drift wood here. I've been collecting pretty good sized sticks for this, now all I need are the colors.
Find the diy instructions here
5. Cactus painted rocks
I absolutely love this idea for a little kids room. They won't actually poke them! Jaxt and Coley love painting and love plants. These aren't exactly plants but they still think they look amazing. This is another project on our list.
You can find these gorgeous rocks here
6. Ombre painted wooden utensils
I've wanted to do this for such a long time I just don't own any wooden utensils, yet. They are so easy and can work in any colors. Make them match your kitchen, a certain holiday, or just wing it. These are such an easy gift too!
Find the instructions here
7. Cactus pillow
I was looking through Pinterest the other day (let's be honest, I do this everyday) and found this gem. I looked at the instructions and loved how easy it looked! I love pillows but the ones I really love are always way over priced, so this made my life a little better. I'm putting it on the project list.
Instructions for this amazing creation here
8. Paper flowers
These are so simple and year round perfection. I love real flowers but they die and go so fast. With the right colors, paper flowers can be gorgeous.
Instructions here
9. Triangle blanket
I think this kind of quilt is perfect for anything. Baby girls and boys, living rooms, throw blankets, on-the-go blankets, and kids rooms. I'll be honest, I'm not fantastic at sewing... at all... but this is definitely something I'd try. It could be the perfect gift for my baby cousins.
Find the instructions here (and see a super cute baby)
10. Pineapple garland
I'm totally obsessed with pineapples. While living in Hawaii I ate pineapple almost everyday. I'm also going to be painting pineapples in my room soon. I love how simple this idea is plus they give you a FREE download of the pineapples! I love the ones they have and would also like to add in my own watercolor paintings for my own garland. My room is about to become a brighter happier place.
The website didn't give any specific how-to's but it's pretty self explanatory.
Pictures and free printable here
So there are my top 10 favorite and most inspiring diy projects that I love right now. I'll post 10 more in a few weeks.
Also, looking through this you can obviously see that I love bright colors and any craft that's easy to do.
Brighter than Sunshine -Aqualung
love, k.






.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment