I recently moved back to Utah from Oahu.
I know I know. You're probably thinking Hawaii is better than Utah x83291748 times. It's cliche to say but, it really doesn't matter where you are if you're not with the people you love. I didn't even live over there on that island for a whole year and I desperately missed my best friend, all of my family, dollar theaters, snow, decently priced anything, and the beautiful mountains/canyons. Then I realized that I take the people and things in my life for granted far too easily. So in spite of myself I'm going to give thanks.
To my best friend, thank you.
Thank you for loving me and my craziness. Thank you for accepting my annoying laugh, my waterfall tear ducts and my uber ticklish body. Thank you for being here.
To my favorite bands, thanks.
It's like you are me and I am you. You're always there to pick me up or inspire me and it's just fantastic.
To my savior, thank you.
My life as had many ups and downs and you've surprisingly been there through them all. I'm lucky to know you. I'm grateful you'll never leave my side no matter where I am.
To my momma, thank you.
From me screaming in diapers and making you stay up, to me coming home late and making you stay up, I'm glad you love me and always care about me. I probably act more annoyed than I'd like to but, I can't imagine loving anyone else as much as I love you.
So all in all everyone should take a few minutes everyday realizing how lucky they are, how much they have to appreciate, and how much love they're surrounded by.
Better Man than He -by Sivu
Love, k.
No comments:
Post a Comment