Thursday, June 26, 2014

forward motion

While I was at work, my boss showed me a video from The Alison Show on YouTube. It was part 7 (I think) of her how to be awesome series. Alison started talking about all the cool things she had started doing and how much time in effort she puts into everything she does. Alison sounds amazing.

And my boss is amazing. She is always making friends wherever she goes and she is always doing something. Whether it's ordering ice cream for the shave ice shack, catching up with old friends, spending time with her family, going to church, or just simply getting her eyebrows done, she is always on the move and I envy her for that. 

Yes, I'm sure that forward kind of lifestyle can get tiring, but I am 94% sure it's better than being tired from just laying around all day. Which is exactly what I've been spending most of my time with. Just laying around. 

So I'm starting to commit myself to a lifestyle change. It's my theory that actually doing things with my time and life will make me become a happier person (I'm already happy 80% of the time but who couldn't use more happiness?). I'm going to try and use every minute I can with something productive, fantastic, or both. 
Okay, okay, I do go out at least once a week with my ever so loving boyfriend. And yes, that counts. But the only other times I go out during the week is for work. I love where I work, but c'mon. That's pretty sad. 

I challenge everyone to never just lay around.. Unless you're sleeping I guess.
I challenge everyone to use their time wisely. 
Got a blog? Write up some drafts for later. 
Have siblings? Take them to the park or play some soccer.
Have an awesome group of friends? Go find some cool thrift stores and thrift to your hearts desire.
You're artistic? Tape together 20 cardboard boxes and paint something magnificent on them.
Have a mom that you adore? Go buy her flowers.

The options are endless.

We shouldn't waste our lives doing nothing. Get off that couch and go have fun.

it's not you it's me by- Coconut Records 

love, k.

No comments:

Post a Comment