Thursday, December 18, 2014

trials

This is probably going to be another rant...

I cannot stand it when people say "oh stop complaining, other people have it way worse"

Do you realize what you're saying? You're saying that whatever that person is going through it isn't enough to address out loud, that it's not even worth complaining about. For example, I've been struggling with my weight since I was 14. I'm just under 5'2" and at one point I weighed 150 lbs. That doesn't sound like a lot and you're probably thinking she struggled with that?? That's not even heavy at all. You guys, I'm short. People have told me all the time that 150 wasn't bad and that I was fine.

I felt terrible when I weighed that much. I could barely walk up a hill without having to sit down after, I was always eating junk and I hated a lot of the healthy foods that I actually love today. I absolutely hated going to school because I constantly felt as if everyone was staring. My best friend at the time was skinny and I just felt like the "fat friend".

Now I'm at 130 lbs and I feel fantastic. I'm trying to lose 10 more pounds and then gain muscle though. The funny thing is, this year is the first year that I've lost weight since I was 14. I've lost around 14 pounds since June. If I had been super determined I'd be at my goal weight by now... but I'll get there (I actually just put together a 5 month plan to get really healthy and I'm doing it with my cousin).

Back to someones trials. Sure, your friends trials might not seem big to you, but in their life it's huge. Don't tell someone that what they're going through isn't important. It's such a huge slap in the face.

My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment;
 And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes.
-D&C 121: 7-8

love, k. 

No comments:

Post a Comment