"take me to the ocean
take me to the sea
I miss the waves in motion
I miss the salt air surrounding me
where the sun shines high
where the moon hangs low
that feeling you can fly
the feeling that you glow
sleeping all day
playing all night
no attention to pay
no worries in sight
so take me to the ocean
and take me to the sea
hurry
before they both slip out of reach"
I wrote this my junior year in high school for English and I had totally forgot about it until I read my friends blog TheUntouchableStoic.blogspot.com his writing is really amazing, go check it out.
This poem is no where near amazing but every time I find it and read it over again I can't help but smile because I wrote it on a snowy evening, in my old home, just after looking at pictures of the vast ocean on tumblr. So the memories are nice. I do remember my teacher not liking it though.
Writing is such an awe-inspiring thing to do. Whether it's a hobby, your career, or just for school, make sure it comes from you.
Any raw, emotional, incredible, scary, or alluring piece of yourself should be put down on that paper.
Silver Moon
-Roo Panes
love, k.
take me to the sea
I miss the waves in motion
I miss the salt air surrounding me
where the sun shines high
where the moon hangs low
that feeling you can fly
the feeling that you glow
sleeping all day
playing all night
no attention to pay
no worries in sight
so take me to the ocean
and take me to the sea
hurry
before they both slip out of reach"
I wrote this my junior year in high school for English and I had totally forgot about it until I read my friends blog TheUntouchableStoic.blogspot.com his writing is really amazing, go check it out.
This poem is no where near amazing but every time I find it and read it over again I can't help but smile because I wrote it on a snowy evening, in my old home, just after looking at pictures of the vast ocean on tumblr. So the memories are nice. I do remember my teacher not liking it though.
Writing is such an awe-inspiring thing to do. Whether it's a hobby, your career, or just for school, make sure it comes from you.
Any raw, emotional, incredible, scary, or alluring piece of yourself should be put down on that paper.
Silver Moon
-Roo Panes
love, k.
No comments:
Post a Comment